Thank you for considering Holy Family Catholic School. If you have any questions regarding the school or the application and admissions process, please contact Patsy Meriwether, Director of Admission, at email@example.com or (512) 244-4825.
To be considered for the first round of admissions for the 2020-2021 school year, a completed Online Admission Application, $125 application fee and all required documents are due by February 1, 2020. Applications received after the first round of admissions are reviewed on a space-available basis.
1. Register and Attend a Parent Information Session - monthly October through January.
2. Complete the Online Application starting in November through the first Friday in February.
3. Submit Required Documents on Checklist - November - first Friday in February for first round applicants
4. The Gesell Developmental Screening for PK and Kindergarten applicants in December – February.
5. Complete Tuition Assistance Application (if applicable), January 1 through second Friday in February for first-round applicants.
6. Notification Letters Sent in mid-March for first-round applicants.
7. New Student Visits in late March.
8. Accept Admissions Offer by Completing Online Enrollment and Paying Fees - early April deadline.
9. Ongoing - We will continue to communicate with families in the Wait Pool as openings become available.
When evaluating students for enrollment, there are several criteria that we assess. Students must first meet the age requirements set forth by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED). By September 1st of the corresponding year, students must be 4 years of age to enter Pre-Kindergarten, 5 years of age to enter Kindergarten, and 6 years of age to enter First Grade. No exceptions are made to this rule.
It is important to us to meet the needs of every child we serve. In order to ensure that this happens, we review application information, report cards, test scores, and teacher evaluations to assess proficient academic performance and responsible behavior and self-discipline. For students entering Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, developmental readiness screening takes place to examine their developmental readiness for entering school that year.
Priority in admission is first given to siblings of our current students who wish to enroll. We make every effort to ensure all children from the same family have placement if available. Parish membership is the second priority in the admission process. Parishioners who meet the criteria of their pastors from one of our seven supporting parishes have priority followed by parishioners from other Catholic parishes and non-Catholic families.
Schools within the Diocese of Austin do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in: (i) the admission of students; (ii) the offerings of rights, privileges, programs, or activities generally made available to their students; or (iii) the administration of educational policies, admissions policies, loan programs, athletic programs, employment practices or policies, or other school-administered programs.